Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity Automatic ABI System Review
The Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity Automatic ABI System is a portable unit created for diagnosing Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD), or the lack thereof. It offers modern and automatic features that accurately calculates pulse volume waveforms three minutes after having pressed a single button.
Huntleigh’s Dopplex ABIlity System was created for early detection of symptomatic and asymptomatic arterial disease, as well as identifying risk for Coronary Heart Disease (CHD.)
- Automatic ABI Calculation System (rapidly analyzes pulse volume waveforms in 3 minutes)
- Small Graphic Display that shows test status, numerical results, collected pulse waveforms, and an interpretation of the results
- Non-Invasive and Efficient — Rest Period is not required
- Internal Thermal Printer that can immediately print out reports of PVR waveforms
- Blood Pressure Cuffs with accompanying color-coded tubing
With the Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity Automatic ABI System, rapid quadrilateral ABI measurements can be calculated almost instantaneously (with the marked time at 3 minutes.) The unit’s portability ensures maximum efficiency, allowing a handler with minimal training to efficiently record pulse volume waveforms in the patient’s own home if needed.
Records come as pictorial evidence that can later be evaluated by clinicians that can offer a complete diagnosis (especially in patients who have noncompressible arteries — a sign of high arterial calcification.)
To conduct a test with the Dopplex ABIlity System, the pressure in the patient’s upper arms and ankles will have to be collected. The unit will process the pulse volume waveforms on its own, but it’s up to the physician to connect the patient to the blood pressure cuffs with color-coded tubing that then connects to the unit.back to menu ↑
The Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity system offers a simple automatic ABI reporting software that is fully integrated. Volume pulse waveforms can be analyzed and diagnosed directly or printed off on adhesive paper (through the internal thermal printer) to be used for documentation.back to menu ↑
The Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity System costs a bit more than similar machines in the market (with the ability to process pulse volume waveforms automatically.) The manufacturer’s attribute this cost to the machine’s flexibility, portability, and efficiency.back to menu ↑
- Small Graphic Display for showing reports
- (4) standard blood pressure cuffs
- (4) color-coded, easy-to-connect tubing
- Rechargeable Battery
- Integrated Thermal Printer (Prints reports on Adhesive Paper)
Pros and Cons
A list of Pros and Cons for the Huntleigh Dopplex Ability Automatic ABI System.
- Rapid ABI calculation in 3 minutes after One-Touch
- Flexible testing capabilities that can be conducted by minimally trained physicians
- Single-Level Exams can be conducted without needing to rest the patient, which pushes the envelope as far as time efficiency
- Automatic calculation decreases any risk for inaccuracy and wastage of time and pushes aside more traditional methods of calculating ABI
- Internal Thermal Printer can print off pulse-waveform readings that can later be attached to the patient’s documentation
- An incredibly portable device that is lightweight and includes the integrated printer and rechargeable batteries
- Blood Pressure Cuffs can easily be connected to the processing unit with color-coded tubing
- The Huntleigh Dopplex ABIlity ABS is highly efficient and can produce perfectly accurate results, however, because of its price, it is better suited for bigger practices that have more patients.