ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL Stress Testing Review
The ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL Stress Testing system is one of the best in the Newman Medical Line. It offers premium features in the form of automated accessories and stress testing compatibility for effective identification and diagnosis of lower extremity peripheral arterial disease (PAD.)
The ABI-450CL system is PC-based and operates through the simpleABI reporting software. The machine itself is highly intuitive, making the examination process as efficient as possible with automated reports for basic ABI and TBI tests as well as Stress Testing.
- Automatic reports for basic ABI, TBI, and Stress Testing.
- A PC-based system with a simpleABI software to process full-page reports that can be displayed onto a computer and then printed through an external printer (both not included.)
- Gold Standard testing with 8MHz Doppler Instrument
- Instant Capture of PVR waveforms
- Automated Cuff-Link Controls: automated inflation, deflation, cuff selection, and calculation with a simple push-button remote control
The ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL Stress Testing system offers a variety of arterial examinations to identify and diagnose possible obstructions in a patient’s lower extremity.
Bi-Lateral ABI Test
This is a basic dual-ankle test to satisfy the standard for diagnosing PAD (conducted for persons aged 60 and older or people over the age of 50 with a history in diabetes or smoking.) The test is performed with the 8MHz doppler and cuffs included in the ABI-450CL system and results are automatically reported through a connecting PC.
Basic Brachial Testing is conducted on a patient’s toes, rather than their ankles. This test is for patients with incompressible arteries or high levels of calcification in the lower extremities.
Quick PVR Test
Non-Invasive ABI testing made for physiological examinations that last for only 1-2 minutes with instant results.
ABI Stress Testing
Vascular exercise testing to be used for patients that might be displaying claudication and other PAD symptoms, but resting ABI results are normal and negligible. For this, the patient is tested post or pre-exercise with set standards for the length of the exercise and the treadmill used for the examination. The ABI-450CL records the test with a full-page report complete with a time graph, time to onset, the maximum walking time, and the time it took for the patient to recover.back to menu ↑
Much like the other machines in the Newman Medical line, the ABI-450CL uses a simpleABI reporting software for reporting automatic results that can be customized with information to fit your practice.back to menu ↑
Price of ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL
This ABI-450CL system is priced at around $6,295 – $7,200. It’s a lot more expensive than the other machines in the same line, but it offers a lot more in terms of automated accessories and testing flexibility.
The ABI-450CL is a great ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine for conducting ABI, TBI, and Stress Testing to identify and diagnose PAD in patients. It stands out from other systems in the same line with remote-controlled cuffs and flexible testing capabilities that allow for non-invasive PVR tests and more involved ABI Stress Tests.back to menu ↑
- Sensitive 8MHz Doppler Instrument
- simpleABI 450CL Reporting Software
- Automated Cuffs with a single-push controller
- (Optional) Netbook computer for simpleABI software
Pros and Cons
A list of pros and cons of the ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL Stress Testing from Newman Medical.
- Produces automated bi-lateral index results for ABI and TBI testing
- Produces automated results complete with various time stamps for involved ABI stress testing
- Reports are displayed and processed through an intuitive reporting software
- Compatible with standard PCs and external printers
- The PC is an optional accessory (the price provided does not account for this)
- Not mobile — it doesn’t come with its own printer; an external printer must be used in order to print out reports
- The price of the ABI Doppler Ultrasound Machine ABI-450CL Stress Testing system is not economical for small practices
- Finally, the technology used for this ABI machine does not necessarily match up to more modern standards– modern machines are usually more portable and less bulky.